Friday, July 29, 2011

Gift of the Day: Southern Plate by Christy Jordan

There is a first time for everything, and today marks our first Gift of the Day which is something you can't buy on TheMonogramMerchant.com!  On Monday, my nephews and I made home-made doughnuts with Christy Jordan's recipe from her blog SouthernPlate.com.  They were delicious, easy to make and we were thrilled with the results.  Naturally, basking in the glow of the doughnut success, I ordered Christy's cookbook, Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makers Everyone Feel Like Family.
Christy's cookbook is one of the most personal I have ever seen.  She shares her family history and recipes along with intimate stories of the people and occasions who prepared and shared these Southern classics. Christy does such a good job of making it personal that I feel as though I was at one of her Alabama family reunions! This cookbook is full of recipes you'll want to add to your own collection and make a part of your family history.

http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Plate-Classic-Comfort-Everyone/dp/0061991015/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311947407&sr=8-1

No comments: